Exploiting NOMA in D2D assisted full-duplex cooperative relaying
- Uddin, Mohammed Belal; Kader, Md Fazlul; Shin, Soo Young
- Issue Date
- Device-to-device communication; Ergodic sum capacity; Full-duplex relaying; Non-orthogonal multiple access; Outage probability
- PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION, v.38
- Journal Title
- PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION
- This paper proposes a device-to-device (D2D) enabling cellular full-duplex (FD) cooperative (DFC) protocol using non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) called DFC-NOMA, where an FD relay acting D2D transmitter assists in relaying a NOMA far user's signal and transmits a D2D receiver's signal simultaneously. The ergodic capacity, outage probability, and diversity order of DFC-NOMA are theoretically investigated under the assumption of both perfect and imperfect interference cancellation. The theoretical analysis is then validated by simulations. Both analysis and simulation results demonstrate the performance gain of DFC-NOMA over conventional FD cooperative NOMA and existing D2D aided FD NOMA. (C) 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- School of Electronic Engineering > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.